Talk on Circular Economy and Chemicals at OECD Environment Ministerial Conference, September 2016
- A talk on “Circular economy & chemicals: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the OECD Environment Ministerial Conference in Paris, 29th September 2016.
Talk on Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs at a US conference on 25 years of endocrine disruption research, September 2016
- A talk on “Europe’s approach to regulating EDCs – an NGO perspective” by Ninja Reineke at the US NIEHS conference “25 Years of Endocrine Disruption Research: Past lessons and Future Directions“, September 2016.
Talk on innovation and safer chemicals, at a workshop discussing the planned EU strategy for a non toxic environment, June 2016
- A presentation on “Promoting innovation to safer chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, at an European Commission workshop on the “Strategy for a Non-toxic Environment of the 7th Environment Action Programme (EAP)” on 9th June 2016.
Blog on the EU & chemicals, on Friends of the Earth’s web site, June 2016
- Blog on “What has the EU done to protect us from dangerous chemicals” by Michael Warhurst, on the Friends of the Earth (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) web site as part of a series of blogs as part of the UK referendum on EU membership. A longer version of this blog is on this site.
Talk on chemicals & the circular economy, at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2016
- A presentation “Circular Economy: opportunities and challenges (don’t mess it up)” by Michael Warhurst at the Helsinki Chemicals Forum on 26th May 2016.
Two talks on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, March/April 2016
- Two presentations given by Michael Warhurst on “Chemical pollution from fracking”, the first given at an event in Horsham on 23rd March, the second at an event in Haywards Heath on 16th April. The talks are mainly based on CHEM Trust’s fracking report, but include additional discussion on the possible impacts of a Brexit (i.e. the UK voting on 23rd June 2016 to leave the EU).
Comment piece on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?”, in Euractiv, 3rd March 2016.
- A comment piece, joint with Health and Environment Alliance, in Euractiv, on “Endocrine disruptors: ‘Better Regulation’ or better public health?“, 3rd March 2016.
Presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” at the Chemical Watch Business Summit, 23-25th Feb 2016
- A presentation on “Moving towards a circular economy: the role of non toxic material cycles” by Michael Warhurst at the 2016 “Chemical Watch Global Business Summit 2016” on 25th February 2016.
Presentation on regulatory cooperation in TTIP and chemicals at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory, 14th January 2016
- A presentation on “Regulatory Cooperation and Chemicals” by Ninja Reineke at a webinar organised by Corporate Europe Observatory; see our blog post for more details.
Presentation on clean material cycles at European Environment Agency workshop on the Circular Economy, 29-20th October 2015
- Presentation on “Creating clean material cycles: Problems and Solutions” by Michael Warhurst at the European Environment Agency stakeholder workshop “Transition to a Circular Economy” on 29th October 2015.
Blog for the UK RSA’s “Great Recovery Project”, October 2015
- Blog entitled “How can we create a clean circular economy” by Michael Warhurst for the UK RSA “Great Recovery” project, 5th October 2015.
Presentation on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals at “European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management” conference, Barcelona, 24th September 2015
- Presentation on “Identification of, and action on, endocrine disrupting chemicals” by Michael Warhurst at the CIR European Chemicals Policy and Risk Management conference in Barcelona on 24th September 2015.
Circular economy and chemicals presentation at the Commission’s stakeholder conference on the Circular Economy, 25th June 2015
Talk on circular economy and chemicals given at “Sustainable Standards” event, 24th June 2015
- Presentation entitled “The REACH Regulation – Facilitating resource circularity?” by Michael Warhurst at the UK Sustainability Network for Standardisation annual event 2015.
Comment piece for Chemical Watch, June 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Chemicals and the circular economy” by Michael Warhurst in Chemical Watch Global Business Briefing, June 2015.
Helsinki Chemicals Forum, 28-29th May, 2015
- Michael Warhurst gave a presentation on “Towards sustainability: Is green chemistry & engineering delivering?” at the 2015 Helsinki Chemicals Forum. A write up of this conference is available from Chemical Watch.
Comment piece for ENDS Europe, May 2015
- Comment piece entitled “Circular economy needs stronger chemicals laws” by Michael Warhurst in ENDS Europe, 14th May 2015.
Eureau “Water Matters” conference, 25th March 2015
- See speaking notes for Michael Warhurst’s presentation at this event.
Talk at event on REACH & the Circular Economy, 24th March 2015
- See blog by Michael Warhurst about this event, including speaking notes.
EEB 40th Anniversary conference, December 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “Pollution, chemicals and health: From inaction to action?” in the parallel session on health, see blog with link to presentation.
UBA REACH Congress 2014, December 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke “Zulassung unter REACH – Beobachtungen aus Sicht einer NGO” – see Presentation (in German).
Chemical Watch regulatory summit, October 2014
- Presentation by Michael Warhurst on “CHEM Trust’s view of REACH Enforcement” – see blog with link to presentation.
5th International Fresenius Conference on Endocrine Disrupters, October 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on the “NGO view of Endocrine disrupter regulation” – presentation & a write up in their newsletter.
Talk at the Organic Pharmacy Conference, October 2014
- Presentation by Elizabeth Salter Green on “Chemicals in Consumer Products: Are We All ‘Toxic Consumers’?” – presentation & video.
6th Global Helsinki Chemicals Forum, May 2014
- Presentation by Ninja Reineke on “Endocrine Disruptors – Do we need special controls?” – Presentation.